Another week, another TBR!
This time, my TBR is lengthy, because it’s “spend a week with no WiFi and intermittent cell phone reception on the Lake” week for me! (This week’s photo is my upcoming week-long view!) Because I’ll be at the Island and not sure what mood will strike me, we have a whole random variety of options depending on how my mood may shift.
The physical/ebook options include:
- Finishing the An Ember In the Ashes series – I’m taking both A Reaper at the Gates and A Sky Beyond the Storm. Sabaa Tahir has said that she is mean to her characters, so my heart may be shattered into a million pieces if things don’t at least sort of work out for Laia and Elias and I don’t want to have to throw one or both of these books into Lake Erie.
- Trust by Pete Buttigieg. I read his book Shortest Way Home: One Mayor’s Challenge and a Model for America’s Future before he dropped out of the primaries and I really liked the insight into his politics, ethics and just general intelligence. Man, is he intelligent.
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell was on my TBR a few months ago if I’m not mistaken, and I DID start it at that time. However, after about 15 pages I realized this is exactly the kind of page turning beach read I love for vacation, so I set it aside and now it’s coming with me. 😉
- The People We Meet on Vacation by Emily Henry. I got myself a copy of this one for my Kindle, and may give it a read because, I mean, it’s about vacations, right?
- I still have The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd on my Kindle, as well. My mom recently read it (I gave it to her for Christmas, I think) and she really enjoyed it. Last summer I read a book she had already read and we had a fun time with me turning to her going, “OK, now I think I have it figured out” so, if nothing else reading this one will give us something nice to talk about.
For audiobook options I have:
- Anxious People by Frederik Backman, which Jae really liked. I really loved both Ove and Beartown, so I’d like to give this one a read!
- The Princess Will Save You by Sarah Henning – which is a genderbent Princess Bride retelling that I’m intrigued by! Jae recently listened to this one and said I need to read it so we can talk about it LOL
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik – which Jae ALSO really loved.
So… that’s my lengthy list of “possible reads” for next week (feel better now that I have a list that’s OOC, Aubrie?? ;)) Have you read any of the books on my list, or do you have a last minute recommendation of a beachy book I should take along for a “fluff” option? Let me know, in the comments below!